Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Battle of Ramadan - Etisalat



Agency: FP7
Country: Egypt

MEH!

The insights in the copy are true. I know I have an Etisalat chip in my draw somewhere that I will use one day just in case that offer is too good. There is a reasonable call for action and the spot shows that Etisalat knows its shit.

There's only one problem: It is shit!

Nothing imaginative. No real idea. The shots are so and so. I mean that dude at the end throwing the chips at Egypt... Urghhh...

Also the rhyming makes me want to try and come up with rude words to rhyme with it.

3 comments:

  1. i gotta disagree!
    This was an ad that had great copywriting, nice shots and amazing insights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7aram 3alaik!
    i looooooove it! its by far the best ad i saw in more thn a year!

    i love the how speedy the shots change, the large number of actors, the humor.

    but that's just aesthetically, but idea wise i like how it makes u think: "where is my sim card?" great indirect call to action and amazing balanced copy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh bgad e3lan 7elw awyyy and soo true... i love the copy

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

ShareThis